Labels

Friday, February 17, 2012

Yesterday's Shot #9, Awkard Facebook, and Phone Therapy

Had shot number nine yesterday, putting me at eight weeks on testosterone.  Again it hurt more than shot number one, but it's not painful enough to actually bother me both due to my high pain tolerance and because I just haven't been injecting for that long yet.

Changes are slow, as is to be expected.  I have longer vellous hair on my face, especially on the chin around where I already had patches of terminal hair, although it's still vellous for now.  I shaved it off, we'll see how long before it looks like real hair.

I've found that I'm usually very motivated and excited the day I get my shot, with a climax the hour after.  That goes on for about half the week when I revert to a normal motivation level (which is still higher than it was pre-T).  Part of it is I think the rush from actually giving the shot and the relief when it's over.  I do it, and it's fine, but I always get nervous first.
Ahh, Facebook, how you make family moments awkward.  My birthday is coming up, and my mom posted this on her own wall and tagged me in it to make sure I read it.  I cut out some stuff that's too personal:

For all to know! Almost 27 years ago I gave birth to a beautiful daughter named Jacqueline and 9 years ago I found out that "She" is actually a "He". His name is Jackson and I am very proud of him and all he stands for. I remember the day I got a letter telling me that my daughter was trans-gender, a male trapped inside a females body. The one thing that was odd was he told me he was also gay and liked men. This was a lot to swallow for a mom! He is now on testosterone and voice is changing. It is still hard for me to adjust at times and I will talk about my daughter but I am trying very hard to say, "my son." If anyone has a problem with this, that is too bad. I would rather have my daughter turn into a son than have to find a funeral home and burial ground to bury an unhappy soul in.
Happy Birthday Jackson!!!
Actually the most awkward part about that thing is that I was never even remotely suicidal over being trans or gay.  But still, it's really sweet and supportive once you get past the awkward.

Had a phone therapy session.  Talked about the stuff above, mostly, as well as just how flat-out darn happy I am to be on testosterone.  After this, I have two more sessions and I'm done with my therapist.  She is actually phasing out her psychotherapy practice in favor of like... meditation or something... so if I need a letter/letters for surgery I'll need to find somebody else or get a referral from her.  Which is fine with me.