Labels

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Introductory Post - Jack

Do you know what you're getting into?  Really?  Well, let's find out.

My name is Jack.  I am the benevolent dictator of this blog, which is currently set up as a blog by and for female-to-male transmen.  I'm currently on the look-out for other transmen to contribute, so hopefully we can make something special.


Some personal notes about me.  I am as I write this twenty five years old and I am a graduate of the University of Wisconsin at Oshkosh.  I am currently an IT student at Moraine Park Technical College.  Yes, I went from University to Tech School, deal with it.

I have identified as a female-to-male transman for seven years and as transgender for maybe five years before that.  I have driven through the forest of unknown gender identity and when I emerged I realized I was actually a pretty traditional, typical man.  I do not, however, use this to disparage those who are not gender typical.

I am politically "relatively far left."  I am probably somewhere around the Green Party on the political compass while deterring on some major issues and being ambivalent about some others.  I am very interested in what is proper and in order in the world, correct living, correct roles.  That probably sounds worse than it is.  But maybe not.

I identify as a religiously conservative Kemetic Orthodox Shemsu.  I mention that because my religion makes up a huge portion of my life and so I will inevitably bring it up.  Don't be too scared, my church is very strictly non-homophobic, non-transphobic, and non-proselytizing.

I am very nerdy and a repository of random trivia.  I often forget that people don't absorb as much irrelevant information as I do.  Expect Star Trek references.

So, what am I planning on writing about here?  I have usually been known for writing about social issues, especially regarding oppression.  I still plan to write this stuff, although I also want to talk about style, grooming, popular culture, presenting masculine, and just plain stuff that interests me that deals with FtM life.

That's all for now.  Happy trails,
-- Jack